Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Alaska Heli-Trip




I usually keep this blog limited to events that I am hosting, but this trip made the cut for sure. I spent a week in Haines Alaska for a trip that was incredible. I have traveled all over the world, and this trip was the best one that I have ever been on. Myself, Junior Kantor, and Scott Keating made the voyage out to AK for a trip with Oakley's Heather Call and her husband Ashley. They are probably two of the best people on this earth. If there is one thing that I took from my trip to Alaska, it is that people in Alaska look out for each other and have a deep respect for the elements around them and the lifestyle that they all live. Heather is more bad ass than anyone I know, and Ashley was quoted by Mark Sullivan as "Ashley Call will save your life if shit goes down" This made me feel really good about my first trip to Alaska. Riding in AK is on a completely different level than anything I have ever done. I pride myself as one of the few that have learned how to race gates from Bill Enos, and can turn my snowboard unlike most of the rail goons out there today. I was striaght up humbled by the terrain we were riding. Our guide Tim Tom was super on point and brought us on some rad runs. Bluebird, bottomless turns, and a great crew made for a memorable time. All of this combined with a Halibut dinner at the Funny Farm, riding sleds in the backcountry, and shooting guns with locals made this the best trip ever!! A huge thanks goes out to Heather and Ashley Call, Bruce from the Funny Farm, Luck, Ken and Amy, Patrick from Sequence, and Sean Dog at http://www.alaskaheliskiing.com/




See you next year!!!

No comments: